New Farm Clinic employ approximately over 164 full-time, part-time and casual staff in the areas of nursing, allied health, administration and environmental services.
Ongoing education and training is offered to all members of staff. An internal Inservice Education Program is established and provides education on topics related to the industry as well as compulsory fire and safety training. Staff are also encouraged to attend external personal development and relevant industry courses and where appropriate, can negotiate financial support.
At Ramsay Health Care we believe retention begins at recruitment. "OnboardPlus" is a new National initiative launched in September 2011, which aims to promote a caring and progressive culture while supporting all staff so their career flourishes in the long term.
Ramsay Health Care is committed to playing a positive role in the development of our future nursing workforce, and through our Under Grad Plus program enables graduates to enter the workforce as confident and competent practitioners.
New Farm Clinic offers a comprehensive program for outstanding graduate nurses. The program is called GradPlus and offers you the opportunity to put your educational experience into practice, in a supportive environment that values personal and professional growth.
Some of the benefits enjoyed by staff include:
- Parity of pay with the public sector.
- Subsidised Private Health Insurance.
- Access to an external confidential counselling service for employees and their immediate family.
- Free secure car parking.
- Subsidised meals.
- Subsidised 'flu' and Hepatitis B vaccines.
- Clinical Supervision.
- Subsidised social events.
- Acknowledgement of special life events.
- Travel advantages through Sunlover Corporate Leisure.
- After 12 months of service, access to Ramsay Health Care's Lifestyle and Leisure Program.
- Family friendly workplace
- Flexible salary packaging to suit your individual needs
- Parental leave - available to all permanently employed staff after a qualifying period.
- Access to Ramsay Health's on line Library service and employees benefits program
At Ramsay Health Care we value experience. More than a third of our current workforce is aged over 50 years of age. We know you have a broad range of work and life experiences and skills that you contribute to this organisation every day. In recognition of your contribution and commitment we have established a 50+ program, which means there's more fantastic benefits available to our over 50s workforce. Our goal is to provide a helping hand with the important aspects of your life so that you can continue to be happy and productive in your working life for longer.
New Farm Clinic is easily accessed by public transport. There is ample free parking on the Clinic grounds for staff. A regular Brisbane City Council bus service operates between the City and New Farm. Bus stops are located on Sargent Street, Sydney Street and Oxlade Drive. The hospital is a short walk from the Sydney Street Ferry Terminal.
For information about employment opportunities at New Farm Clinic, please phone (07) 3254 9100 or go to Ramsayjobs.com.au.
Revised 23 November 2011