An innovation in Patient Education by New Farm Clinic for Ramsay Health Care
With our increasing use of digital technology it made sense to us to embrace this medium and so iHealth was developed!
iHealth is a series of interactive multi touch ebooks developed to engage the reader with:
- Interactive Images
- Video & Audio
- Glossary & Dictionary
iHealth books are available for free download with iBooks on your Mac, iPad, iPhone and with iTunes on your computer. Click on the links below to view:
- Electroconvulsive Therapy - New Farm Clinic
- Provides a description of ECT
- Assist your understanding of the procedure
- Answer questions or concerns you may have about the role it plays in the treatment of mental illness
- Families and Carers - New Farm Clinic
- Assist families & Carers who are supporting a loved one
- We recognise that being a Carers can be associated with family distress & disruption, but
- With some help it can be an extremely reuniting role
- Eating Disorders
iHealth Eating Disorders has been designed to provide you with detailed information about the eating disorders program at New Farm Clinic and to answer some of the questions you may have about the part it plays in the treatment of your illness.
It has been designed to compliment the information provided to you by your treating Psychiatrist.
- Patient Information
This iHealth guide has been developed for patients with a mental illness to facilitate their timely access to quality mental health care and to provide important information to increase their awareness of their health care rights and responsibilities as a patient admitted to New Farm Clinic.
We recognise that mental illness can be associated with emotional distress and family disruption and that the prospect of a psychiatric admission can be daunting, but it can also be a life changing decision.
It has been designed to compliment the information provided to you by your treating Psychiatrist and Clinic staff.
Books in the i Health series have been designed to compliment the information provided to you by the treating Psychiatrist and Clinic staff
With i Health you now have instant mobile access on your iPad or iPhone to a reference library
- relevant to your care
- where ever you are, and
- when you need it